Thursday 22 April 2010

Contented

The thing I hate at the moment is the inability to cry.
I was thinking of the right way to describe it and it's like that last bit of ketchup in the glass bottles? It just kind of clings. Disgusting, but metaphors are evidently not a strong point. But yeh, my eyes will water and I will get choked up and then it all just disappears on the BRINK. Like that horrible about to sneeze- oh wait no- oh wait YES YES- oh wait no...

It is very frustrating.
It chimes in with my increasingly passive attitude. Today I replied to
"Condoms, do you have a preference?"
and one of my closest friends not being able to attend my eighteenth in more or less the same way.
It's just the expectancy that something at some point is going to go wrong and my reactions to things like that have been too rinsed in 2010.

Dear god, I have become as desensitized as the population of Britain when it comes to triggering an emotional response.
And I am the girl who cried at 'Strictly Come Dancing' (dont ask)

Yesterday night was the most fun I have had in such a long time, pub quizzing is a definite win and I have secured myself a tin of spaghetti letters for my 10th wedding anniversary. What more could I ask of a night?

So here is me content, not irrationally happy or unbearably sad.
I think I will see this as a good thing.
Maybe when I get a reply to this text (if it's bad) I won't go crazy.

Sorry about the self centered rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment